20 December 2013

Evil Presidentes - Endtroducing... The Ramp Xmas Show (Dec 2013)






























For the third installment of my Ramp Shows, I decided to do something very different... 

What you have in front of you is an old fashioned, tipsy, Christmas mixtape. Inspired by 1960's and driven by Dean Martin, the real king of Christmas. Allow yourself go back to an era when life seemed simpler, less globalised and capitalised. 

For this mix to go down properly, to precisely taste what I'm trying to say here, I've added a secret ingredient to help compliment the next seventy five minutes...something hot to warm your soul this holiday season. This may be an unorthodox step to take but "Oh my gosh my golly, it's time for Gluhwein and Knusperhauschen biscuits"! 

My secret Christmas Gluhwein recipe goes as follows: 
1 bottle of wine, 500ml apple juice, 1 can of pear cider, 50g sugar, 1 cinnamon stick snapped in half, 4 cloves, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground all spice, couple of splashes of Cointreau. Just bring to the boil slowly, take 25-30mins to cook through. Repeat the stated dose.



Tracklisting: 
01. Ain't There Something That Money Can't Buy - Young Holt Unlimited 
02. Me Gustas Tu (Danny Massure Edit) - Manu Chao 
03. Son Of A Preacher Man (Shimi Sonic Remix) - Dusty Springfield 
04. Lets Get It Together This Christmas (Skeewiff Re-Wiff) - The Harvey Averne Band 
05. I Love Las Vegas - Dean Martin 
06. Deans Opening Monologue, Live at the Sands Hotel, 1963 
07. Via Vento - Dean Martin 
08. Volaire - Dean Martin 
09. On An Evening in Roma - Dean Martin 
10. Please Be Kind - Frank Sinatra 
11. I Believe - Frank Sinatra 
12. You Make Me Feel So Young - Frank Sinatra 
13. Dean & Frank Monologue 
14. White Christmas - Dean Martin 
15. Dean, Frank & Sammy Monologue 
16. This Christmas Song - Sammy Davis Jr. 
17. Mr. Bojangles - Sammy Davis Jr. 
18. Christmas Time All Over The World - Sammy Davis Jr. 
19. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Dean Martin 
20. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm - Dean Martin 
21. Marshmallow World - Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra 
22. Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin 
23. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Dean Martin 
24. Jingle Bells - Sammy Davis Jr. 
25. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Raindeer - Dean Martin 
26. I Wish It Was Christmas Today - Julian Casablancas 
27. I'm A Believer (DJ Snatch Edit) - The Monkees 
28. Papa Loves Mambo (Skeewiff Remix) - Perry Como 
29. These Boots Were Made For Walkin' (Skeewiff Remix) - Nancy Sinatra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.